Download School Catalog (contains prices, dates, curriculum, application)
We are a Kansas City Massage School that offers massage certification and massage diplomas in Asian Massage Training. Our 650 Hour Japanese Massage Program in Zen Shiatsu training also known as Masunaga Therapy, is a form of Asian Body Therapy that uses a deep, invigorating, style of massage. It uses thumb, elbow, knee and palm pressure to energy channels or meridians. It reinforces principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine and is thought to stimulate the natural healing powers of the body, restoring balance and well-being. It can be used for pain relief, improving recovery time after an illness or injury, deep relaxation, and increased circulation and energy.
We offer training from 60-1000 hours in Zen Shiatsu training. The 650 hour or 1000 hour Zen Shiatsu training and massage certification will give you the skills and ability to become licensed in eastern and western massage necessary for spas, massage studios, cruise and travel workplaces
- Take a single 60 Hour level: This gives you a nice introduction to the art of Zen Shiatsu. You can immediately begin providing therapy sessions after the level I training. This is the basic introductory to Shiatsu. No
experience is required. At the end of the course, the student can perform a complete 60-180 minute beginning shaitsu session.
- Take two levels 120 hours: This gives you an intermediate skill set in Zen shiatsu beyond the basic 60 hours. You’ll be able to apply advanced postures and energy point therapy.
- Take all three levels for 180 hours: This gives you complete knowledge of a practitioner and therapeutic applications.
- Take the full 650 hour course: This provides eligibility for national certification and licensing. In addition to the core massage curriculum, students take anatomy, pathology,TCM, western massage, business and complete a student practicum.
- Take the full 1000 hour combined Thai massage and Shiatsu course: This combination gives student training in two different traditional systems of medicine: Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Students are well versed in techniques from both traditions.
- Graduates from the 650 or 1000 hour program are eligible to sit for the national certification exam administered by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) or take the MBLEX state licensing exam. The single level courses may also be used as continuing education credit with the Yoga Alliance or NCBTMB
Zen Shiatsu Training Coursework:
- Level I Shiatsu Therapist: Basic Training (60 hours): At the end of the course, a student can perform a whole-body, dance-like session involving working pressure points along meridians and mobility/flexibility exercises to open energy flow in the body.
- Level II Shiatsu Therapist: Advanced Training (120 hours): This training includes additional hands on training, theory, advanced therapeutic practice and further principles of toning, directing and balancing energy flow.
- Level III Shiatsu Therapist: Practitioner (180 hours): This training expands on the use of points to treat disorders and examines the pathology of certain conditions in relationship to Chinese Medicine.
- 120 Hour Anatomy I and II
- 60 Hour Pathology
- 120 Hour Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory I and II
- 60 Hour Business and Ethics
- 80 Hour Practicum
- 60 Hour Intro to Western Massage
- 8 Hour CPR