Download School Catalog (contains prices, dates, curriculum, application)
Ayurveda Training, Holistic Health Coaching Certification Overview:
Ayurveda, which literally means “the science of life,” is a whole medical system developed in India and sister science to yoga. It is a comprehensive system of holistic health that places equal emphasis on the body, mind, and spirit, and strives to restore the innate harmony of the individual. Some of the primary Ayurvedic tools include diet, exercise, meditation, herbs, massage, exposure to sunlight, and controlled breathing. In India, Ayurvedic treatments have been developed for various diseases (e.g., diabetes, cardiovascular conditions, and neurological disorders).
This course, like traditional treatments, emphasizes simple, low-cost diet and lifestyle modifications that can be used as preventive health. You will use health coaching principles to help other establish balance in life.
This 60 Hour Ayurveda Holistic Health Certification Training training can be taken stand alone or as a part of the 1500 hour yoga therapist training.
Ayurveda Training, Holistic Health Coaching Certification Curriculum:
- History and philosophy or Ayurveda
- Basic principles of dosha analysis, balance, nutrition
- Diagnostic and assessment techniques, observational and physical
- Pancha karma
- Lifestyle applications of diet and yoga therapy
- Five element theory
- Ayurvedic Herbalism
Ayurveda Training, Holistic Health Coaching Certification Links:
- National Ayurvedic Medical Association: The National Ayurvedic Medical Association is a national organization representing the Ayurvedic profession in The United States of America. Its mission is to preserve, protect, improve and promote the philosophy, knowledge, science and practice of Ayurveda for the benefit of humanity. It sets standards for Ayurveda certification training programs.
- California Organization of Ayurvedic Medicine: California Association of Ayurvedic Medicine (CAAM) supports the establishment and growth of Ayurveda as an independent healing profession in the state of California. As a non-profit professional organization, C.A.A.M. aims to safeguard the quality and integrity of Ayurvedic practice. Furthermore, C.A.A.M. serves to bring this ancient healing science into our communities through Ayurveda training.
- Ayurvedic Institute: The Ayurvedic Institute, recognized as a leading Ayurvedic school and Ayurveda health spa outside of India, was established in 1984 to teach the traditional Ayurvedic medicine of India and to provide these ancient therapies.
- Dr. Robert Svoboda:
- Dr. David Timbs: Natural Therapy Clinic and teacher of Ayurveda
- Deepok Chopra:
- Ayurveda Conference: Annual conferences on Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic Products: http://www.trihealthayurveda.com/
- Kerala School of Ayurveda: offers Ayurveda training and pancha karma training in India
- The Raj: Midwest’s premiere health spa for Ayurveda