KCFitnesslink is a registered Yoga School (RYS) with the Yoga Alliance offering yoga teacher training certification, yoga therapy teacher training certification and Ayurveda certification training. We offer entry programs in Hatha, Vinyasa and Power Yoga from 200 hours to a full 1500 hour Yoga Therapist/Holistic Health Practitioner program. Being a Registered Yoga School acknowledges that the our training program meets standards for curriculum developed by Yoga Alliance and that training is conducted by qualified instructors.
Our catalog contains information about costs, faculty, scholarships and grants, the full dates and academic calendar as well as program requirements and books used.
Our Yoga Teacher Training Certification Approach and Philosophy:
- Non-dogmatic: We de-emphasize the “right” way to approach yoga techniques. Instead, we promote teachers to help students find the best methods for them using intuition, self-study, flexibility and trial and error.
- Physical and spiritual: Our program combines a nice mixture of physical and spiritual aspects of yoga. We recognize there are different teaching styles, comfort levels and reasons why we practice and teach yoga. Everyone is unique. Some teachers may be more physically oriented, others may approach teaching more spiritually. Neither method is right or wrong.
- Personalized: Our yoga teacher training certification program is based on developing your unique style and strong understanding of yoga class elements, not rote memorization of sequences. With out training, you’ll be able to design a variety of safe, effective and inspiring classes.
- Small class sizes: We use a small student to teacher ratio. We have a minimum of 4 students and generally a max of 10 students in each training. This allows for personal attention and feedback during the training and the small classes promote a cohesive, family-like environment.
Yoga Teacher Training Certification Delivery Options:
We offer the training in two live formats , one online format and one hybrid format.
- Two week yoga intensives: Two week intensives are in a Monday-Friday, 8-5 p.m. format, with about 2-4 hours pf personal study and homework each night. Of all formats, we recommend this experience. It’s transformative on many levels: physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. We live and breathe yoga for two weeks. Prior to starting the intensive students complete a mini online yoga course in yoga and preparatory course in anatomy.
- Online Yoga Certification: The online yoga course is the same curriculum as our live classes, except it is delivered online through our learning management system, EDU 2.0. (This option is not Yoga Alliance Approved as it does NOT meet face to face contact hours).
- Hybrid Bridge Program: The online yoga certification can be combined with live training and a few additional requirements to meet Yoga Alliance needs. This option requires contact hours with the E-RYT instructor through personal one-one-one classes, mentoring and assisting. Tuition for the bridge class does not cover one-one-one contact hours with the E-RYT instructor. This is a separate charge per hour.
Yoga Teacher Training Certification Program Options:
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training: Our entry level and foundational program that covers the basics of yoga, meditation and teaching Hatha, Power and Vinyasa yoga.
- 300 hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training: our advanced yoga training that combines with our 200 hour program or equivalent program for 500 hours recognition with Yoga Alliance. The program is not an advanced asana class; rather, the focus is on the deeper dimensions of yoga. It explores yoga philosophy from Sutras of Patanjali, the Bhagavad Gita, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika and the Upanishads. This course also covers special populations: children’s yoga, pre–natal yoga, yoga for the elderly and yoga for sports performance.
- 200 hour Yoga Therapy Certification: Our yoga therapy program is for non-apparently healthy populations (those with known disease or signs and symptoms of disease). It combines western medicine with yoga and Ayurveda to improve health status, manage symptoms and promote healing. Our program emphasizes several tools including Yoga Nidra, chair yoga, restorative yoga, meditation and Ayurveda. There are two levels and each level is 200 hours.
- 1500 hour Yoga Therapist Certification: This is a culmination of 200 yoga certification, 300 hour yoga certification, 200 Hour Yoga Therapy Certification levels I and II, along with anatomy, Ayurveda, business and practicum hours.
- 60 hour Ayurveda Training: This intensive is a introduction to Ayurvedic health coaching. It helps you coach students on nutrition, lifestyle and routine, yoga, meditation and cleansing practices.
Yoga Teacher Training Certification Links
- Yoga Alliance: This organization sets standards for yoga teacher training certification and curriculum standards for registered yoga schools.
- International Association of Yoga Therapists: This organization is moving towards industry education standards and professional standards for yoga therapy teacher training certification.
- International Yoga Federation: Their mission is to lead the global yoga community (world-wide yoga community), set standards, foster integrity, provide resources, and uphold the teachings of yoga
- Elephant Journal: Is a guide to mindful living: yoga, organics, sustainability, genuine spirituality, conscious consumerism, fair fashion, the contemplative arts…anything that helps us to live a good life that also happens to be good for others, and our planet.
- Yoga journal: blog and Website for yoga practitioners and sections for yoga teachers, especially useful for those in yoga teacher training certification programs.
- Himalayan Institute: a non-profit, international organization dedicated to serving humanity through educational, spirituality and yoga, and humanitarian programs.
- Yoga Month & Yoga Recess: National Health Foundation programs to promote yoga awareness and introduce children to yoga.
- LA Yoga: online yoga and Ayurveda magazine
- Bihar School of Yoga: traditional vedantic, tantric and yogic teachings in conjunction with contemporary physical and mental health sciences
- Yoga Finder: Retreats, workshops and national classes.