Online Mediation Teacher Training Course Overview
Our Sacred Breath Online Meditation Teacher Training course combines theory, practice and current research on meditation, breathing and relaxation techniques. While there are many forms of meditation, this style is based on the ancient philosophy of yoga. It uses techniques including breathing, mantra (sound) and mindfulness to help you understand your experience and the state of meditation directly.
There are two levels to this course. Level I and Level II. Each level is 20 hours.
You will learn to reduce stress, relax and embrace positive thoughts. This training is appropriate for those looking to enhance their own personal meditation experience or for those looking to teach meditation to others. This course is part of the 200 hour yoga teacher training course and 300 Hour yoga teacher training course or can be taken stand alone.
Download School Catalog (contains prices, dates, curriculum, application)
Online Meditation Teacher Training Course Topics covered:
- What is meditation and yoga
- Releasing pain, suffering and obstacles to meditation
- The eight limbs of yoga
- The levels of meditation or self-realization
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Styles of meditation
- Sample class sequences
- Current research on the benefits of meditation
Online Mediation Teacher Training Course Links:
- Shambhala Sun: Buddhism culture and meditation lifestyle magazine.
- Center for Mindfulness: UMass center providing mindfulness meditation training and workshops.
- Transcendental meditation: The Transcendental Meditation technique is a simple, natural, effortless process practiced 15–20 minutes twice daily while sitting comfortably with eyes closed.